Sunday, December 21, 2008

Joe's Famous Thanksgiving "Turduckin"

The concept is quite simple...
You start with a turkey, a duck and a chicken...
...You de-bone the turkey leaving the wings and legs intact and attached to the skin.
Also, de-bone the duck and chicken.

Then layer the turkey meat, duck, stuffing, and chicken inside the turkey skin...
...Next you gather the layers up and stitch up the whole thing. Turn it over and bake in a slow oven for about 10 hours.
...Then "poof" almost like magic you have a boneless "Turduckin" to take pictures of and place on your family blog. Oh... I almost forgot to tell you how moist and delicious it is. IT IS!
**pictures were taken by our willing photographer, Allie (Thanksgiving 2008)

2 comments:

Pat said...

Yum! Your family always seem to find fun in the kitchen. Is this an original recipe? Where does an idea like this come from? I would love to try it but would want help. Perhaps one day I will come to your house for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the posting!

Gwen said...

Turkalishious! The Almighty Cook is a good title for you Joe! Happy Birthday tomorrow! Lots of Love.